Friday 22 August 2014

Purple glitter smokey eye ❤


The last tutorial I did I got amazing feedback so I thought I would do another one this time more gothic and with glitter.  I hope you enjoy reading and find it helpful.


  • Before any smokey eye I always do my eyebrows first just so I have a better idea on how my make-up with look complete
  • Apply tape from the end of your eyelid to the end of your eyebrow and apply a eye shadow base or colour correcting concealer 
  • Apply your usual crease colour lightly, this step may seem pointless but it makes everything look better later
  • With a black eye liner pencil roughly liner line your lid and add black to the outer lid, it is hard to explain but you can see it in the picture.


  • Blend the eye liner with a brush and it should blend to a light black/grey colour, don't be tempted to rush and add more black straight away just keep on blending until you have a nice transition 
  • Once you have fully blended the eye liner slowly add black to the crease and blend, build up colour slowly until you have a solid black and blended crease
  • Pack a deep purple eye shadow on your lid, don't worry about fallout that can be cleaned up later
  • Blend the deep purple and black together to make it look seamless
  • You may thing this all looks a mess right now, trust me it will look fine soon!


  • Peel off the tape and clean up all the fall out with make up remover and apply your foundation.  Try and pick a foundation what gives you a flawless finish so all the attention is on your eyes and not any imperfections
  • Add a line of glitter glue then purple glitter to your lashline, any fallout can be brushed away
  • then the rest is up to you! contour, blush and lipstick is all up to your personal taste but I decided to go with light contour, peach blush and deep purple lipstick with a black lipgloss on top.

If you would like to see more tutorials comment bellow or send me a tweet!



1 comment:

  1. Love this look. What purple shadow and lipstick is it??

    ReplyDelete