Friday 24 January 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review


Today I am reviewing a new product from Maybelline called Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, which I recently bought in my Superdrug Haul for the amazing price of £7.99.  I first heard about the Maybelline Pore Eraser about six months ago. However it was called Baby Skin Pink Transformer and had only been spotted on the Asian market.  When I found out Maybelline was bringing out a similar product I was excited as I suffer from large pores on my nose and chin.  

Before buying this product I was using two primers; Benefit's Porefessional and Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer.  Out of the two I would definitely buy Benefit's Porefessional but I was on the look out for something a little cheaper as Porefessional is £24.50 for 22ml.

As much as I am a fan of drug store make-up I have recently steered away from it and became in love with brands like MAC, NARS and Illamasqua.  My poor bank balance has began to hate me for my high-end make-up addiction so I am on the hunt to find the best drug store products and I think I may have found my first contender.

// Clear Gel Formula, remember a little goes a long way! //

The description on the packaging says Instant Pore Eraser; lightweight primer, pores appear instantly erases for smooth-looking skin and I have to agree. My pores instantly disappeared, even the large ones.  My skin looked perfect with just Baby Skin and moisturiser on.  The biggest surprise was when I put my Illamasqua Skin Base foundation on top of the primer, I looked airbrushed, I got so many complements on how good my skin looked and it was all down to this product.

I can definitely see this sort of primer being a problem for someone with oily skin as it is a tiny bit greasy on the skin,  If you do suffer from oily skin and are struggling to find a primer try Bourjois Happy Light Primer Matte or 
MUA Complexion Primer Matte.  But for me this has to be my new favourite primer and drug store product.

Are you a fan of Maybelline's Baby Skin? What primers do you use?









No comments:

Post a Comment